Season 2020 is scheduled to commence at Perisher on the 24th of June. Resort operations will be constrained in a number of ways to comply with Covid 19 restrictions. Most notably skier and boarder numbers will be reduced by 50% and there will be limits on ticketing and Epic passes. Ski days will have to be booked in advance (from 15 June), enabling Perisher to limit total numbers (so actually getting a ticket is not guaranteed). Same day lift tickets will not be available until after 24 June. A range of arrangements will be in place for Epic passes, with some limitations on use. Cancellation for a full refund is possible but only until 19 June. Social distancing and similar measures will be enforced. Details are available at the perisher web site at: https://www.perisher.com.au/plan-your-trip/new-to-perisher/covid19-update. You should familiarise yourself with the Perisher resort arrangements as part of your planning for the season.
Use of our lodge will be constrained by Covid 19 restrictions. We have been required to prepare a Covid Safe Plan to regulate the operation of the lodge for the season. A copy of the plan is attached. The plan will be reviewed monthly or as required when Government regulations change. If you wish to visit the lodge this season you must read the plan and ensure that you understand its content. Key points are set out below:
· All bookings made to date are deemed to be unconfirmed as of today, members wishing to use their booking should notify the Booking Officer by Monday 15th June.
In some weeks it is likely that not all requests for bookings will be able to be met.
· Preparation of and adherence to this plan is a condition of use of Doorack Lodge for the 2020 winter.
· A range of limitations and conditions on attendance at the lodge will be imposed to minimise risks of Covid 19 transmission.
· This plan is not intended as, nor should it be construed as constituting, a means to eliminate the risk of COVID transmission/infection.
· All members and guests staying at the lodge are obliged to familiarise themselves with and adhere to this plan.
· Members and guests are required to bring with them to the lodge a personal thermometer designed for use either in the mouth or ear.
· Total lodge occupancy will be limited to 14; bookings for the 2020 season will be rearranged to meet this limit.
· Refund or credit arrangements will be available where bookings are cancelled or curtailed.
· High standards of personal hygiene will be required.
· A daily lodge cleaning regime will be implemented, requiring additional duties for all adult occupants.
· A suspected Covid 19 infection will result in the person concerned and the party that they are part of being required to depart the lodge as soon as possible (and within 24 hours) and being quarantined in the lodge prior to departure
· A confirmed infection of a lodge resident or a person recently departed from the lodge will result in the lodge being closed for a period.
· A whole of lodge meeting will be convened by the Lodge Host at 5:00pm each Sunday to determine arrangements for cleaning, kitchen use and other logistical matters related to this plan. Attendance is mandatory.
These circumstances are difficult for all concerned; the patience, forbearance and good humour that has always been a hallmark of the SRSC membership will stand us in good stead and get us through this thing together. If you have any queries after reading the plan please call or email me, details below.
Snowy River Ski Club